Please see the relevant section(s) for guidance regarding the documents that are required for submission with each application form.
- The NAU may request for you to bring the originals of the documents when you are scheduled to meet with a Needs Assessment Officer for an assessment.
- Applications submitted without all the required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and may not be processed by the NAU.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR APPLICATION FORM
- Photo Identification — Passport, driver’s licence, voter’s card, or a notarised photo for all persons in the household
- Proof of Citizenship — Guidance notes are attached for a list of acceptable documents
- Proof of registration with the Workforce Opportunities & Residency Cayman (WORC), if under 65 and unemployed
- Bank account statements for the past 6 months in the name of the applicant and all other members of the household
- Marriage certificate or divorce decree if you have ever been married
- Passport and birth certificates of all dependents, including dependent adults
- Proof of total monthly income from all of the persons living in your home, along with supporting documentation — See Documents Guidance below for a list of acceptable documents
PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP OR RESIDENCY RIGHTS
Any of the following can be submitted as acceptable proof of citizenship or, where the applicant is a parent to a dependent child of a Caymanian, residency rights in the Cayman Islands:
- Voter's Identification
- Caymanian Passport – Passport alone is sufficient for persons born before March 27, 1977
- However, persons born after March 27, 1977, should also submit a copy of their birth certificate as well as their parents’ birth certificate and/or proof of parents’ citizenship.
- Birth certificate should reflect parents’ birth place and proof of parents’ citizenship should also be submitted
- Please note that as per immigration law, the child takes on the nationality of the mother unless the parents are married at the time of child’s birth.
- Caymanian Status Certificate / Status Stamp in passport
- Immigration Letter of Acknowledgment of Citizenship
- Residency Rights as a Spouse of a Caymanian Certificate along with a copy of the marriage certificate or a Certificate of Permanent Residency
PROOF OF INCOME AND SAVINGS
If applicable, all of the following should be submitted for all members of your household to substantiate proof of income:
- Salary/wages – This would be most recent pay-slips covering the last 4 week period. Job letters are acceptable, but must indicate earnings and deductions within the last 4 week period
- Rental Income – Signed and dated lease agreement with your tenant(s) as well as a copy of tenant’s identification
- Maintenance – Active court order or a signed and dated letter from the person(s) providing the maintenance funds, confirming the monthly total, and a copy of his/her identification
- If self-employed or an owner of a business, provide proof of income earned through your business for the past 4 week period along with a copy of your Trade and Business Licence
- Example: Financial statements should be provided once available, Income logs, Payslips or Notarised letter confirming the monthly income
- Note, you may also be required to provide copies of contracts and other documents as deemed necessary during the assessment of your application
- Savings – Clients should disclose any savings they have available to them
- Clients are required to submit bank statements showing activity in the last 6 months. NAU may conduct bank checks if deemed necessary.
- Other Income – Most current statements / pay slips for pension, social security, veterans, or seamen's ex-gratia
- Donations – Signed and dated letter from person(s) providing you with monthly funds, confirming the total given ; ID of the person(s) to verify signature
PROOF OF EXPENSES
Any of the following can be submitted as acceptable proof of expenses (most recent bills for the last month):
- All official bills or invoices for the current month should be provided
- Example: utility bills, post-paid phone bill, credit card statement, preschool invoice
- Mortgage – Bank statement showing balance and scheduled monthly payment
- Rent – Lease agreement
- If residing with other persons then a signed and dated letter of accommodation, confirming address of residence and what your monthly contribution is, if any, should be submitted along with a copy of that person’s identification.
- Money Transfers – Money transfer receipts
- Helpers – Letter of employment confirming role and monthly pay received, along with copy of identification for the helper and/or copy of work permit, if applicable
- Maintenance – Copy of the court order or a signed and dated letter confirming monthly maintenance from person(s) paying and their ID
- Loans – Provide the most current loan statement(s) showing balance and scheduled monthly payment. Example: Personal, Car, and/or Medical loans
- Credit Cards – Provide your most current credit card statement showing balance and scheduled monthly payment
- Life Insurance – Provide insurance policy / invoice to support monthly required payment
- House Insurance – Provide your most current house insurance statement / invoice showing balance and scheduled monthly payment
- School Fees / Expenses – Provide invoice
- It is not necessary to submit bills for transportation (gas, bus fare, etc.), propane, laundry or prepaid telephone (top-up).
OTHER DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED
The following are other documents and information that you will need to provide:
- WORC Registration – All unemployed members of your household who are between the ages of 18 and 64 are to provide proof of registration with Workforce Opportunities & Residency Cayman (WORC), unless they suffer from a medical condition that does not allow them to work.
- Medical Disability – You should indicate if you suffer from a medical condition
- You will be provided with a medical report form to be completed at the Health Services Authority.